Well bascially this is what happened... Everyone was telling me about their own blogs so i said what the hell.. Now i have my own blog... End Of Story!

1.8.07

JoE's JOURNAL EPISODE 6

Hey Peeps,

So this is what happened during the past weeks…

My friend went over to the United States for work (from his feedback it seems like everything but work), I had a surprisingly good time at the beachfront over the Durban Beach Festival weekend (Met a lot of peeps I haven’t seen in ages there!); I even played 2 games of soccer in a row during the week (Who would’ve guessed!) and watched Transformers (Megan’s Hottttt… I know!) somewhere in all the craziness lol! So all in all not too shabby if I may say so myself.

I then followed that up with another crazy working week (when will the madness end???) followed up by an even more fab weekend. It basically went down a little something like this…

Friday Night:
After soccer my friend comes up with this crazy idea that it would be fun to go to the Harry Potter book launch. Since I’ve never actually witnessed one of these crazy events let alone a book launch, I decided to go; it is my motto to try things at least once after all. It’s really amazing how people could get so excited about a book being launched at one in the morning when they know the only thing they going to do after they purchase it is go home and sleep… but anyways who am I to say anything. All I knew was I was hungry and there’s always food in a mall!!!

Saturday:
Saturday was a wicked cool day. I went with the gang to see Spurs play Chiefs at the ABSA Stadium. The difference in the 2 teams basically was the ‘culture’ football played by our boys who thought that doing tricks counted more than scoring goals. I did have a blast though.

Then followed that up with my very first ice skating experience outside of the big screen. For those of you who haven’t skated before let me warn you… Its not as easy as it looks!!! And yes I did fall like on my 2nd step… really embarrassing moment which took me forever to get over… lets just say I never fell again!

I then went over to a friends place and basically watched movies, chilled and smoked hooka till I felt sleepy upon which I made my departure to the land of the dead.

Sunday:
I was woken up prematurely on Sunday morning which made me feel quite hung over and really, really miserable… it had only been 3 hours since Saturday night and my face told the story. I went and saw my friend play soccer against the Sundowns junior squad… man we got some rich upcoming talent… I witnessed some great intelligent football by these youngsters.
Then I ended up having an extended lunch which became supper turned into midnight snack… no comment… lol!

I also ended up watchin the simpsons movie during this past weekend… for those of you unfortunate souls who haven’t seen it I suggest you do the next available chance you get… my sides are still hurting from all the laughter.

So there it was… the boring old reason why I haven’t been blogging much of late. (I can’t believe you actually read this…. I can’t believe I even wrote this!)

Till my next post or even longer journal this is Yusuf saying adios amigos :)

2 comments:

ZK said...

mmmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
and you have been to a book launch before this lol you even have a signed book :P
we gotta go see the pirates/chiefs game okies pokies

JoE said...

mwahs... lol... dat wasn a bk launch hun... dat was a signin session... da bks wer awredy out if i nt mistaken :P As 4da chiefs pirates game if u around we'll go